The Legal Run groups runners from various international law firms in Brussels who join forces as they participate in the annual 20km run through Brussels. As one team, they raise funds for a charity which they select every year. Over the past 16 years, the Legal Run has supported a variety of organizations that offer moral, legal, humanitarian or medical aid in Belgium and abroad.
> 2018: Infirmiers de Rue - www.infirmiersderue.org/en/
> 2017: AFU Accueil Familial d'Urgence - www.afu.be
> 2016: Les enfants de Salus Sanguinis - www.lesenfantsdesalus.be
> 2015: Tada - www.tada.be
> 2014: La Maison des gais Lurons - http://www.lamaisondesgaislurons.be
> 2013: It was t' Vosje - www.tvosje.be
> 2012: Une Note pour Chacun - www.unenotepourchacun.be
> 2011: NASCI - www.nascivzw.be
> 2010: Simon & Odil - www.simonodil.com
> 2009: FRis - www.frisseclub.net
> 2008: VAGA - www.vaga.be
> 2007: SOS Kinderdorpen/Villages d'enfant - www.sos-kinderdorpen.be
> 2006: Infirmiers de Rue/Straatverplegers - www.infirmiersderue.be
> 2005: Inhijambia - www.inhijambia.org
> 2004: Avocats sans frontières/Advocaten zonder grenzen - www.asf.be
|ALLEN & OVERY LLP
BAKER & MCKENZIE
BAKER BOTTS LLP
BIRD & BIRD LLP
CLAEYS & ENGELS SCRL
CLEARY GOTTLIEB STEEN & HAMILTON LLP
CLIFFORD CHANCE LLP
COVINGTON & BURLING LLP
CROWELL & MORING
DLA PIPER UK LLP
FIELDFISHER BELGIUM LLP
FRESHFIELDS BRUCKHAUS DERINGER LLP
HERBERT SMITH LLP
HOGAN LOVELLS INTERNATIONAL LLP
HUNTON & WILLIAMS
KELLER & HECHMAN LLP
LATHAM & WATKINS LLP
LIEDEKERKE WOLTERS WAELBROECK KIRKPATRICK
|LOYENS & LOEFF
MAYER BROWN EUROPE-BRUSSELS LLP
MORRISON & FOERSTER LLP
SHEARMAN & STERLING LLP
SHEPPARD, MULLIN, RICHTER & HAMPTON LLP
SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP
STEPTOE & JOHNSON LLP
SULLIVAN & CROMWELL LLP
TRIALYS LAW FIRM
VAN BAEL & BELLIS
WHITE & CASE LLP
WILKIE FARR & GALLAGNER LLP
WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE AND DORR LLP
WILSON SONSINI GOODRICH & ROSATI, LLP
On the day of the run - Sunday,19 May 2019
Meet us at 9:00am at the tent of the Legal Run team for a group photo. As every year, the tent will be located at the fountain in Parc Cinquantenaire. Click here, to view its location.
By 9:40am you should move towards your starting block. The run begins at 10:00am.
Make sure you wear your number and the Legal Run T-Shirt.
Relay Teams/Relay Point Volunteers
If you are member of a relay team, discuss within your team prior to the run who will run which section of the 20km. Each team receives one number which will have to be handed over to the co-runner of the same team at either the 5km, 10km or 15km relay point.
Relay points 5km and 15km will be right after the official km mark. Relay point 10km is at the junction of Avenue Victoria (coming out of the Bois de la Cambre) and Avenue Franklin Roosevelt - on the lawn in the center of the road and on the left side of the running track.
5km volunteers need to be present from 10.15 am to 11 am
10km volunteers need to be present from 10.45 am to 11.30 am
15km volunteers need to be present from 11.15 am to 12.15 pm
Volunteers at relay points [see exact locations above]: your role on the day of the race is to:
- Be loud and visible so that relay runners easily see the changeover point & find their next team member. Each volunteer will receive a list (with GSM numbers) of all volunteers & relay runners.
- Assist arriving runners to remove their tabard/dossard & help pin it to the next team member.
- Assist arriving runners to cross out their emergency contact number on their tabard/dossard & write in the emergency contact number of the next team member.
- Check off arriving/departing runners to ensure that all have passed through (NB call GSM# if runner(s) do not arrive to check they are running)
Please take the following supplies to the relay points with you:
- Any spare t-shirts ordered by their firm for injured runners (for visibility)
- The charity balloons/Marker pens
- Extra safety pins
To get to the relay points by public transport (check MIVB/STIB website http://www.stib-mivb.be/ for current info)
- 5k: from the Cinquantenaire, metro to Place Louise then tram 94 to the 5k mark (close to the stop Vleurgat),
- 10k: from the Cinquantenaire, metro to Place Louise then tram 94 to stop Marie José which is parallel to Avenue Franklin Roosevelt
- 15k: from the Cinquantenaire, metro to Demey Line 5 (Herrmann-Debroux), then head to the viaduct of the bridge (E411 motorway) on Boulevard du Souverain and the KM15 marker.